Share This Blog With Your Friends!
The Town of Thunderbolt Announces 2023 Community Event Calendar
Honoring A Mission to Revitalize Community Pride, The Town of Thunderbolt Continues to Expand Community Event Offerings
Following the success of their 2022 community calendar, the Town of Thunderbolt announces its expanded event line-up for 2023, increasing this year’s agenda to include five additional family-friendly events.
Events and tentative dates include:
- April 8th: Easter Egg Hunt at Cesaroni Park
- April 22nd: Earth Day/ Arbor Day, Cesaroni Park
- April 29th: Blessing of the Fleet, along River Drive
- September 10th: Phil the Park with Savannah Philharmonic at Thomson Park
- November 3rd: Kids Movie Night, Cesaroni Park
- December 9th: Christmas on the Bluff, along River Drive
Since Mayor Dana Williams’ and the current Town Council took office early last year, they have worked to revive several key festivals to THunderbolt in 2022. On hiatus since the 1980s, last year’s return of Blessing of the Fleet set out to honor the legacy of the community’s development and celebrate the town’s unique history. More than 3,000 people came out for this inaugural celebration, making it a resounding success. “For years, everyone has been talking about the return of the Blessing, and I wanted to do it: To bring our people together and celebrate our town’s unique history,” says Mayor Williams.
Thunderbolt will continue to honor the Town’s community and legacy, by providing events to strengthen, educate, and improve community development.